Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) has never stopped producing excellent graduates, giving birth to generations of hope who, apart from being able to provide solutions to all the problems and challenges of the nation, are also able to speak a lot and make Indonesia proud in the international world. ITB alumni play an important role in the development of this nation with various contributions of thoughts, ideas, ideas that are manifested in works and concrete actions.
In the 2019-2024 Advanced Indonesia Cabinet, the cabinet of the Indonesian government led by President Joko Widodo and Vice President Ma’ruf Amin, ITB Alumni were selected to be able to contribute more to this nation as Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Special Staff to the President. They are:
- Arifin Tasrif (Chemical Engineering ’72) is Indonesia’s Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, previously served as Indonesian Ambassador to Japan.
- Pramono Anung (Mining Engineering ’82) served as the Cabinet Secretary of Indonesia, he was the Deputy Chairman of the Indonesian Parliament for the period 2009-2014.
- Suharso Monoarfa (Planologi ’74) is the Minister for National Development Planning / Head of Bappenas. Previously, he served as a member of the Presidential Advisory Council in 2015-2019.
- Fadjroel Rachman (Kimia ’82) serves as the President’s Spokesperson. Currently he still serves as the President Commissioner of PT Adhi Karya.
- Budi Gunadi Sadikin (FI ‘88) previously served as President Director of PT. Inalum (Persero). Now besides serving as Deputy Minister of BUMN, he is also trusted as Deputy President Commissioner of PT. Pertamina.
- Wahyu Sakti Trenggono (TI ’81) was one of the initiators of the establishment of the Association of Indonesian Telecommunication Tower Providers (ASPMITEL). Now he is appointed Deputy Minister of Defense.
- Andi Taufan Garuda Putra, an alumnus of SBM ITB 2004, is the CEO of Amartha Mikro Fintek. Bang Taufan received his MPA (Master of Public Administration) from Harvard Kennedy School, and received many awards for his innovation and concern for the UMKM sector.
- Gracia Billy Mambrasar, alumni of Mining Engineering ITB 2003, is the CEO of Kitong Bisa. Taking his Masters at Oxford University, his contributions and innovative ideas were very much taken into account in developing the land of Papua.